This week’s photograph was taken in Washington, DC (of course), and it’s of a low carbohydrate, healthy fat pumpkin pie.
Opening a recipes section on this blog
I almost can’t believe I’m doing this; however, I’m doing this.
- I’m not that good of a baker or a food photographer, however I’m really good at health and science, and I’m learning and getting better at the other two things
- I see so many recipes, often posted by mainstream health organizations, that are frankly unhealthy – some contain almost 100% sugar or dangerous combinations of refined grains or fats in the form of industrial bean/seed oils
- I’ve been posting these photos on other networks and keep getting asked for the recipes
- A well known social media physician friend of mine once said, “It’s my (rss) feed,” so if I’m doing it, I’m posting about it
Links to recipes do not imply endorsement
The recipes I’m using are easily obtainable elsewhere on the internet. I’ll post links to them here; keep my disclaimers/disclosure statements in mind – a link to another site does not imply endorsement of any content. Also, given the economics of the web today, don’t be surprised if these sites are laden with ads or other pop-ups. I can only control my own freedom from influence 🙂 .
Feel free to ask me questions if there is confusion or concern. We’re on a learning journey, and family physicians and me specifically are built to embrace curiosity.
The pie – 4 grams net carbs, 21 grams fat per serving
What makes the pie low carbohydrate, healthy fat (#LCHF)
- No added sugar
- No industrial bean/seed oils
- Fat comes exclusively from dairy
Link to the recipe:
Easy Keto Low Carb Pumpkin Pie Recipe (Sugar-Free, Gluten-Free)
As expected, minimal impact on interstitial/blood glucose
As I’ve posted previously, I’m wearing a continuous glucose monitor (CGM) as a non-diabetic physician to understand These explorations are related to my interest in diabetes prevention/reversal, and continuous glucose monitoring. I took the opportunity to crack open a new CGM sensor when I made the pie. I’ll post the glucose readings separately in an upcoming post. You can see photos of the new sensor below.
Constructed in phases
Sometimes I’m more science than art – I worked my way up to this. See photos below. Enjoy.
View this post on Instagram
Low Carbohydrate #PumpkinPie, 360 view. Best way to crack a new #CGM sensor with this delicious 4gm net carb, 21gm fat per serving, no added sugar, no bean/seed/vegetable oils, only real 🥛 fat. . As expected, no appreciable rise in blood glucose following ingestion. Test complete, ready for production 😀🥧🎃🦃🌎 . #LCHF #LCHFdiet #KetogenicDiet #MetabolicHealth #DiabetesReversal #DiabetesPrevention #FatAdapted #DontFearFat #CGM #ContinuousGlucoseMonitor #DataOverDogma #Food #FoodPhotography #SonyA6500 #SonyMirrorless #DC #instaDC #DCStatehood #Baking #GayBaking #instaGay #GaysWhoBake #EmbraceCuriosity #FutureStartsHere