What is this? It’s my now page, based on a movement created by Derek Sivers
Greetings from Washington, DC (of course) and welcome to my seventh now update. I’m calling it November so that I will challenge myself to do a December update.
- I didn’t finish The Ketogenic Bible: The Authoritative Guide to Ketosis yet; I got sidetracked by another book (see below).
- I did finish reviewing the PURE study papers (Just Read: PURE Study: Fruit, vegetable, and legume intake, and cardiovascular disease and deaths, Just Read: More Validation of Low(er) Carb High(er) Fat Diets: The PURE Study and Lipids, Just Read: Validation of Low(er) Carb High(er) Fat Diets: The PURE Study and CVD/Overall Death) – these are association studies and therefore don’t show cause and effect. The associations are profound in any event.
- More learning about the future: Spent a weekend at the DC History conference More learning about the future, at the Annual Conference on DC History #DCHistcon #dc1968.
- Learning about the future and myself, at the National Transgender Health Summit, and in my interactions with the TechCrunch publication (Thanks for removing my photo from your website, TechCrunch, and what a tyrant doesn’t look like). There is a lot I can do, and there is more that I can do. Always working to be an ally, it’s not what you preach, it’s what you tolerate.
- Continuing the deep dive into nutrition, when I learned about the publication of Tim Noakes (@ProfTimNoakes) and Marika Sboros (@MarikaSboros) book: (Lore of Nutrition: Challenging conventional dietary beliefs) I moved all the other books on my list aside. Every physician, myself included, has endured professional bullying in their lifetimes. From my read so far, Noakes’ experience being bullied has been taken to a whole new level. Important reading for anyone who has ever sought to change everything (who, us?)
- Ongoing study of digital engagement in the 21st century. Interestingly, the Noakes’ book touches on what’s happening with regard to health knowledge, I am working and learning in a very complementary part of the field.
- Also related to leadership, enjoying learning the lessons of leaders who lead in a world that doesn’t want them to. The long awaited renovation of the Carter G. Woodson House was great to see, the all gender restroom contained within (and the rainbow flag on the establishment next door) says how much the world has learned to ❤️ better. I’ll post about what I learned, in the meantime, here are the photos.
And, this tweet (if you don’t like the news, make your own)
Updated proposal with technical details and new data. It's time. Transgender Pride Flag Emoji in the @Unicode Standard for 2018 | w @teaelleu @BiancaRey @MF_Helms @chaddashwick @FakeUnicode #TransVisibility #EqualityEqualsHealth cc @transdesigners https://t.co/AaylDxCcJH
Until next month.
Is there anything I should be doing that I’m not? Feel free to let me know in the comments.
Updated 2017.09.27 – Based on a movement created by Derek Sivers