Greetings from Washington, DC (of course) and welcome to my eighth now update.
- I finished reading The Ketogenic Bible (see: Just Read: The Ketogenic Bible: The Authoritative Guide to Ketosis, by Dr. Jacob Wilson and Ryan Lowery, PhD(c) )
- Also, the Lore of Nutrition by @MarikaSboros and @ProfTimNokes (Just Read: Tim Noakes and Marika Sboros â€“ Lore of Nutrition: Challenging Conventional Dietary Beliefs). The story and recent input from patients to me directly reminded me so much of the times the medical profession hasn’t been there for the people it serves. Once you’ve seen that happen, you’ll never want to see it happen again:
- Since November, plenty of time spent in and with the future. It’s why we’re here, in the capital of a world learning to â¤ï¸ better.
About the future – it arrived. âœŒï¸ðŸ‡ºðŸ‡¸ðŸŒðŸ³ï¸â€ðŸŒˆ#TransVisibility #EqualityEqualsHealth #LoveThisCentury @MartinOMalley @pwcdanica @BiancaRey @TheMonikaNemeth @DCPoliceDept pic.twitter.com/Dnq95Vb9DW
- Thoroughly enjoying the dc1968 project (@dc1968project), documenting an incredible year in our nation’s capital, that’s about a lot more than riots; things like the future being born.
#OTD-ish wed 31 jan #1968 James Wilson, Morrisanne Jenkins & Ronald Pynell (l-r) #students at DC Teachers College attend a concert at Constitution Hall. #dc1968 #dc #washingtondc @moorlandhu @wtuteacher @udc_edu @kennedycenter @nsotweets https://t.co/4hWFoKC30Z pic.twitter.com/VEDUkKN5BV
- Continuing the deep dive into nutrition, and trying to learn/unlearn appropriately. I previously looked into the impact of diets on the environment and found that I’ve needed to do some unlearning about what a sustainable diet is – which may not be 100% plant or 100% animal but somewhere in between. Now reading about diabetes remission and reversal & what we’ve taught…hint, some unlearning may be in store 🙂 .
- Ongoing study of digital engagement in the 21st century. As I’ve been writing more about journal articles lately, I’m curious about altmetrics and ways to use them to understand research better.
- Assisting in some education around safe and healthy facilities design for people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender. So pleased, by the way, that @NationalParkService is doing its part just steps from the @WhiteHouse…
View this post on Instagram
PS. Brand new signs in the restrooms at Lafayette Square (a national park), just steps from the White House. Go ahead, participate in society safely while you participate in democracy. You deserve it, because youâ€™re human. Thanks @nationalparkservice for the #TransVisibility #SafeBathroomsDC and generally living in this century with us âœŒï¸ðŸ¤©ðŸ‡ºðŸ‡¸ðŸ³ï¸â€ðŸŒˆ #GoAheadHaveADream Washington, DC USA
And, this tweet (it’s what they say about real doctors….)
Until next month.