PCHIT links for November 9th through November 13th:
- JAMA: Soliciting the Patient’s Agenda: Have We Improved?, January 20, 1999, Marvel et al. 281 (3): 283 – Data often cited and here’s the source: patients redirected an average of 23 seconds while providing their history.
- The Center For Health Design Research – Pebble Project – Center for Health Design supports evidence based design of health environments. Have they done work in PHR/EHR enabled institutions?
- Life as a Healthcare CIO: Personal Health Records – John Halamka, MD, supports the idea that PHR adoption is not a technology issue. Consistent with my findings on our recent trip to Boston.
- A Model for Health Care That Pays for Quality – New York Times – NYT Reports on Patient Centered Primary Care Model promoted by ACP, IBM, and others
- E.H.R. Home – HL7 announces balloting for PHR standards