March 14th through March 17th:
- To build a better hospital, Virginia Mason takes lessons from Toyota plants – Nice profile of a hospital that employs LEAN. The comments are not as charitable. The challenge is both to communicate what LEAN is and make sure that the core philosophy of LEAN, respect, is a part of every transformation.
- Peachpit: How to Add WordPress Category Feed Links to Posts > Subscribing to Categories – The title says it all. A little blog geekery.
- Agile Development Whitepaper – VersionOne – Agile Software Development Management – A bit of a “state of Agile” survey among its practitioners. Data is useful in figuring out where the drive to go Agile (and by proxy, LEAN) might come from an org, and also what practices are being deployed (55% daily standup – why not in cilnical medicin
- PowerCard Project Management Software – Without embracing a computerized tool for project management, I wonder if this software’s approach most closely resembles Agile. Does it? Looks like it creates burn down charts (?)
- Unconference – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia – Unconference, I want to experiment hosting these! How would they work for continuing medical education?
- BBC NEWS | Health | Sinus bug antibiotics ‘no good’ – How long will it take actual practice to change?
- Baby Boomers and retirement; Case for Informed Optimism
- Analysis of Paralysis; More health leaders’ blogs; Role Experience and Performance
- Now Reading: Toyota Management System meets Innovation: Lean Startup, by Eric Ries
- My Week at Private Equity Boot Camp – Businessweek
- More Health2.0 = iPhone2.0 – Apple Digital Fitness System; Larry Weed; EMC’s Hypertension Management Program; GHI+HIP = Medical Home