Greetings from Washington, DC (of course) and welcome to my fourth now update, July, 2017.
LGBTQ Pride Month
- June, 2017 was LGBTQ Pride Month, which included celebrations, an incredible Equality March, for Unity and Pride, as well as the 1 year anniversary of the murder of 49 people in Orlando, for living in their true identity.
- In retrospect I was so excited that the Pointer Sisters shared one of my photographs of their performance at @CapitalPrideDC.
- We also made history with the first transgender pride flag crosswalk in the United States. It’s what we do (make history).
- I also created some helpful suggestions for people interested in promoting the health of LGBTQ humans (see: Beyond walking in parades with us, things I’d like you to do to produce health for LGBTQ humans ). For people who aren’t so interested, just remember that diversity allows the human species to survive 🙂 .
Emojis for the future
A small Kindle storm
I love my local library and all of the goodness it provides. I stagger my book holds pretty well so that the books I want to read are available in sequence. Pride month threw me off. Way off. Lots of held books became available, so, I had to semi-start over.
- Still reading Mistreated by Robert Pearl, MD, as well as Tools of Titans by Tim Ferriss.
- Teaching myself (and practicing) digital engagement and customer relations management. These systems have come a long way
- Looking forward a Continuing Medical Education event connected to my fascination with science based nutrition (which I’ve started to write a little bit about on this blog – Just Read: Always Hungry, by David Ludwig, MD
Is there anything I should be doing that I’m not? Feel free to let me know in the comments.
Updated 2017.07.11 – Based on a movement created by Derek Sivers