As I mentioned in a previous post:
I felt a little lonely on social media – they (The White House Champions of Change) talked about social media, but I didn’t get the sense they are using it themselves to communicate and lead, and I wish they would.
That was three months ago, times are changing!
Please join myself and a distinguished group of experts on twitter on Tuesday, 11/12/13 at 11:00 am PST, 2:00 PST for a Health Care and Climate Change tweetchat.
Hashtag will be #greenhealthchat
- Joe Bialowitz (@bialowitz), Kaiser Permanente senior environmental stewardship consultant
- Eric Lerner (@HCWithoutHarm), U.S. climate director for Health Care Without Harm
- US Greenbuilding Council (@USGBC)
- Health Care Without Harm (@HCWHGlobal, @HCWithoutHarm)
- Practice Greenhealth (@PracGreenHealth)
- Healthier Hospitals Initiative (@HHIorg)
- Clean Med (@CleanMed)
Kaiser Permanente will also be unveiling its brand new twitter voice for environmental stewardship: @KPGreenHC
and several of my colleagues:
- Kaiser Permanente Environmental Stewardship (@KPgreenHC)
- Susannah Patton (@susannahpatton), communications manager for sustainability at Kaiser Permanente,
- Catherine Brozena (@catbrozena), senior communications consultant for community benefit at Kaiser Permanente,
- Kaiser Permanente Thrive (@kpthrive), the voice for total health at Kaiser Permanente
- Rame Hemstreet, chief energy officer at Kaiser Permanente
This tweetchat will explore the role that health care providers can play in addressing and mitigating climate change. We will learn how many health care organizations are already working to reduce their carbon footprint in order to address this crisis.