My queue of DC photographs has built up a little, so here are my favorites from the last month.
I am drawn to photographing images of things that enable or show people (including me) achieving their life goals through optimal personal, individual, and community health. Click to enlarge. Descriptions below.
- Images 1-4 : From set: Washington, DC, St. Patrick’s Day Parade, March 13, 2011. Theme: A Hertiage of Education and Community Service
- Image 5: From set: 2011 Spring, Washington DC
- Images 6-7 : From set: Milo, DC Dog ; At the S-Street Dog Park, where my favorite dog likes to run
- Image 8: From set : 2011 Kaiser Permanente Center for Total Health : Right before my StoryCorps ( @storycorps ) interview of @ReginaHolliday
- Images 9-11: From Set: 2011 DC Green Roof and Shaw Library : A tour of the future largest rooftop vegetable garden in Washington, DC, given to me by Greg Bloom from @BreadForTheCity, and Washington, DC’s brand new Shaw Public Library (note how busy the computer section is, what is that you say about not providing access to health information online?)
What’s the “Health is…” of your community?