Corporate Equality Index : HRC : Kaiser Permanente – Kaiser Permanente scores a perfect 100% on the Corporate Equality Index. The Corporate Equality Index demonstrates that businesses recognize the importance of working with and providing for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender workers and consumers.
Diversity, and its importance, is a fairly dominant theme on this blog, and in my career. Kaiser Permanente is the first organization I have worked for that scores a perfect 100 on this index. The number represents a commitment, which I can see and feel in every interaction.
Take a look at your organization’s score on the index by doing a search here:HRC Corporate Equality Index Search, and ask these questions:
- Is my organization profiled in the corporate equality index? If not, why not, and would we, and those we serve, be proud of our score?
- If my organization is profiled and did not receive a 100 percent score, why not?
As I mentioned in a previous post, the data tells us why it’s worth asking.
- People in intolerant places are less happy and less fulfilled than those in tolerant and open-minded ones.
- Business organizations that embrace diversity have more customers and greater profitability.
- Health and health care is improved when we embrace the differences of the people we are serving and serving with.
My enjoyment of this information comes from the fact that I and those I work with don’t just tolerate diversity, we live diversity; you should too.