I have been intrigued by EMC’s work in managing an employee personal health record – it seems above and beyond (in a good way) how an human resources function and grow and support talent. Also, time to upgrade Office for Mac. It went OK. I’ll update “my own CIO” tools list in the near future.
- Employers Find Benefits with PHRs – More info about EMC and its employee PHR
- News – – Gainesville.com: Dean admits student without backing – It’s interesting that this is posted in the entertainment section. That aside, this looks concerning. I don’t understand how a student is admitted to medical school on a personal recommendation, and without taking the MCAT. How will we have a diverse medi
- Event Calendar – A way to put upcoming events on a wordpress blog
- TimeDriver – Coming Soon! A revolutionary online personal appointment scheduler – A very high potential meeting scheduling package. Given that Timebridge only allows 5 slots to be determined, this looks very interesting.
- GE Healthcare-Press Release-NCHL and GE’s Institute for Transformational Leadership – I didn’t know about GE’s work in this area. It looks like they are doing work in LEAN as well as Six-Sigma, which they are known for.
- Report cites UA med school crisis | www.azstarnet.com ® – Sad news from my alma mater, related to the difficulties medical schools are having balancing revenue and their mission.
- D.C. Not-for-Profit Offers Model for IT Adoption – iHealthBeat – More progress in DCPCA’s EHR adoption efforts
- Burlington Free Press.com | Fletcher Allen’s new EHR – Fletcher Allen in Vermont gets approval to go ahead. I believe this is an Epic Systems install, bringing with it the possibility for excellent patient engagement with their health system as a result.
- Database Problem with Office 2008 for Mac – Office 2008 Install problems, just in case