March 18th through March 19th:
- The ‘World Wide Computer’?Another HAL? – Businessweek’s Review of “The Big Switch” – I used it for comparison
- NPR: Doctor Blogs Raise Concerns About Patient Privacy – I agree with points raised – a patient should never seek care and then discover that they have been written about on a blog. Instead, they should receive a copy of the medical record that has been created about them. At the same time, physician bloggers are doing something very important – they are testing the boundaries of transparency, to support a more accountable health care system. If anyone saw the 60 minutes story about Dennis Quaid and his family, the rationale for this become very clear.
- What Every Physician Should Know About the RUC – January 2008 – Family Practice Management – The information is useful. As primary care providers I think we need to be careful to include our specialty colleagues in the conversation, not distance themselves from it. As a member of a large multispecialty medical group, I know that there is interest across the physician community in supporting community health and the best experience for patients.
- MindBlizzard blog: Virtual Healthcare 2: Palomar Pomerado Health – All right – More news about the utility of Second Life – testing a hospital before it launches
- What is the ROI on employee suggestion systems? – A nice example from the toothpaste industry. But not necessarily one that supports the evidence, that far less toothpaste than people think is needed to protect teeth…..Maybe a customer suggestion system might be in order.