January 12th through January 13th:
- Prometheus Payment, Inc. – A new payment model that supports outcomes, evidence-based care, and transparency
- The music industry | From major to minor | Economist.com – “Then they had the money and could have built the competence by buying concert agencies and merchandise companies,”…Now it may be too late.
- Coverity Incorporated Scan – Company working with the US Govt to harden open source code for use by agencies including Homeland Security. They are finding bugs and the bugs are being fixed.
- Online Real Estate Sites Work To Get A Listing Standard – Another industry that is seeing the benefits of standards, and the challenges of disruption
- Gone Indie ? Thought Palace – Interesting insight on the work environment at Apple. LEAN production? You decide. I will say, though, that even though Apple is not embracing Web 2.0 like other companies are, I have solved many problems using their hosted discussions. These actually work well on Apple’s site I think because they do a great job of leveraging their loyal customer base. Yet another blog “goodbye” to an employer.
- Lean Manufacturing Blog: 1 Hour Kaizen – Excellent template and approach to small improvements. Just takes an hour. Can we have physicians shadowing nurses and vice versa?