- The etiquette of telecommunications | Getting the message, at last | Economist.com – The economist describes the first incident of spam, via telegraph.
- Are Suggestion ?Boxes? the Best Way to Go? | Lean Six Sigma Academy – Also interested in employee empowerment as much as patient empowerment. I should have installed one of these in my office before I went on sabbatical.
- Training Within Industry: Lean Jargon – Part III, Gemba (Genba), Genbutsu, Genjitsu – Catching up on my LEAN studies. Helpful guide to common LEAN terms. These are my favorites.
- Out of the shadow — Calman 19 (1): 170 — Health Affairs – Bearing witness to inequities for those we are trying to serve. I am having similar experiences in my work, and it has impact. Great article by Neil Calman, MD.
- Rising Popularity of Medical Blogs Raises Questions About Anonymity, Reliability – iHealthBeat – This is an important topic to me as a physician blogger. I do not blog about patient experiences except in the most general terms. At the same time, I think patients want to improve the system they get care in and we should (or I am) develop best practice
- Cultural Tourism DC – U Street Heritage Trail – Great map and walking tour of African American History. Perfect for the nation’s most walkable city