October 7th through October 10th:
- Pew Internet: E-patients With a Disability or Chronic Disease – Latest from Pew Internet – lots of mention of online health informaiton increasing confidence. This is a good thing.
- Jack and Suzy Welch: Generation Y’s Bad Rap – Driven, self-aware, motivated, and able to make choices.
- The Welch Way: Breaking Through the Bias – Really nice discussion of diversity in the workplace. We support it not for ourselves, but for those who come after us, as Jack and Suzy thoughtfully wrote.
- Encouraging Dissent in Decision-Making ? HBS Working Knowledge – Article about encouraging different views in a business environment. There’s a reference to LEAN in the end – if we treat ideas as inventory and don’t waste them, then I think we can see balanced conversations in organizations.
- The Fakebook Generation – New York Times – “My generation has long been bizarrely comfortable with being looked at, and as performers on the Facebook stage, we upload pictures of ourselves cooking dinner for our parents or doing keg stands at last night?s party; we are reckless with our personal