Bookmarks that cover the reading I have been doing on generational differences, and new blogs springing up by physicians who are practicing differently.
October 2nd through October 3rd:
- Running a hospital: Gotta love this one – Another example (from a great blog) of differing expectations of interactions between generations. Adding to my GenY link set.
- OMG! You’ve Got Cancer 🙁 – WIRED Article on Jay Parksinson, MD
- jayparkinsonmd – Another new age physician who posts about his patient experiences online.
- Pioneering Ideas: Health 2.0: The Doctor is Not Ready to See You Yet – Commentary following the Health 2.0 conference (which I was not at). Another allusion to Generation Y, this time called “The Facebook Generation.” I called them the “MySpace Generation.” Same thing.
- Scott Shreeve, MD: Concierge Physicians: The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly – A blog about Health2.0 with a nice definition and commentary. Good to see colleagues in the field.
- DailyKaizen » Generation Y Will Demand LEAN – Post from the DailyKaizen Blog about Generation Y and LEAN, from 2006
- The Online NewsHour: Generation Next | PBS – PBS Documentary on GenY, aired in September, 2007
- Generation Y at Work – Fortune Magazine – Article from Fortune in May, 2007
- USATODAY.com – Generation Y: They’ve arrived at work with a new attitude – Article from USA Today About them