This is an article written by Marisa Torrieri (@maritorri) for Physicians Practice (@PhysiciansPract) based on her passion and interest in including the stories of LGBT physicians in this publication.
My story is included as is this quote, that sums it up for me:
Today, healthcare organizations such as Kaiser Permanente are setting a new tone. The company has key sponsorship roles in both Capital Pride, a Washington, D.C., non-profit organization that serves the LGBT community through educational events, entertainment, and community outreach, and Capital Transpride (a subset of Capital Pride). – See more at: http://www.physicianspractice.com/changing-times-lgbt-physicians/page/0/2#sthash.EfRLxY9G.dpuf
It’s great to be a part of an organization that is setting a new tone, in a generation of physicians who are changing everything when it comes to respecting people equally, in a society of journalists and other allies like Marisa who are writing about how people from diverse populations are producing health rather than taking it away.
- Toward zero disparities: Capital Pride Washington, DC, USA, co-sponsored by Kaiser Permanente
- Celebrating Transgender Pride, our nation’s capital, and our community health, May 18 2013
- Photo Friday: Love always Wins
- Photo Friday: National LGBT Health Awareness Week, Compassion
- “My son is more important than the gossip going around the neighborhood” – Jeanne Manford