#nhssm : the RCGP’s Patient Online: The Road Map -
Recently the Royal College of GPs (RCGP) launched their Patient Online: The Road Map document which sets out how patients and GPs will be able to interact online over the next few years. I wondered how many patients actually knew that Patient Online existed.
Currently only 1% actually have access to any of the facilities, why? The answer is simple; the functionality has not been enabled by the practice. In fact only 37% of GP practices have actually enabled the functionality. As a patient I find that staggering. 42 million people have taken the time to register to say they wish to use the facility yet the “on” button hasn’t yet been pressed.
- Photo Friday: That’s a lot of people empowered (Sentara Health System, Norfolk, VA)
- Visit to a very paperless practice: Michael West, MD PhD – Washington Endocrine Clinic, Washington DC USA
- “Living, Breathing, Interaction with Data” – Demo of the Myca Patient-Provider EHR platform
- Slides, Script, References, Photos, from my #ONCmeeting Ignite Talk – Acceleration and Tipping points – Consumer E-Health
- Doctors Don’t Agree On Letting Patients See Notes : NPR