Kaiser Permanente Center for Total Health May Technology Focus : Vital Connect – YouTube Our very first Total Health Technology Focus – filmed in HD. Special thanks to producer/director Keith Montgomery, The Kaiser Permanente Educational Theatre Program, and Vital Connect the first technology featured in the series. We slightly miscalculated the amount of time it … Continue reading Kaiser Permanente Center for Total Health May Technology Focus : Vital Connect – YouTube
Kaiser Permanente to Pursue Minimum of LEED Gold for all New Major Projects | Kaiser Permanente News Center – As part of its ongoing commitment to create healthy communities, Kaiser Permanente today announced it will seek Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Gold certification for new construction of hospitals, large medical offices and other major projects.
- Kaiser Permanente says its new Hillsboro hospital is a model for future facilities, touts LEED Gold certification | OregonLive.com
- MakerDocsDC: Introducing doctors to green building and LEED at USGBC World Headquarters
- Photo Friday: Total Health includes Green Building, @USGBC Headquaters
- Adding a new layer to the health map – Your built environment
- The future is DIY, at the Autodesk Gallery, in San Francisco
Thanks to Kayt Havens, MD, for sending this to me. As she mentioned to me, it is a sweet article, about the transition of a dad to a mom.
It makes me think, changing the medical profession is at times nothing but grief, too. People should try it more often. We are.
- Changing Times for LGBT Physicians | Physicians Practice
- Photo Friday: Our generation is changing everything for people who are LGB and Transgender
- TEDMED Great Challenges: Transgender Health – The Video | Science in the Decade of the Patient
- Visiting the Kaiser Permanente Transgender Member Care Service, Kaiser Permanente Los Angeles Medical Center
- The comments are respectful, too, in Changing Gender on the Job – Harvard Business Review
Care of Transsexual Persons — NEJM – I’m not going to summarize this article because many of its recommendations are now outdated, even though it was published in 2011. You can access WPATH guidelines for the most accurate information. See: Now Reading: Choosing Wisely : Standards of Care for the Health of Trans People | … Continue reading Now Reading: Care of Transsexual Persons — NEJM, in the era of inclusion
In a groundbreaking directive to health plans, the DMHC confirmed that California’s Insurance Non-Discrimination Act of 2006, authored by former Assemblymember Paul Koretz, guarantees all people the right to access coverage for medically necessary care regardless of their gender identity or gender expression.
- None Found
When I was at the AAMC Joint Meeting of the … (see: Dialogue about #hcsm at the 2013 #AAMCJtMtg – Academic Medicine and Social Media | Ted Eytan, MD), I was of course talking about the future, and that includes a more inclusive medical school curriculum around issues related to people who are LGBT (including, … Continue reading MedEdPortal – Call for Submissions – to improve LGBT / DSD curricula in Medical Schools
Survey – should medicare pay for sex-change (italics by me) surgery – In one of the responses there’s an enlightening back of the napkin calculation of the potential costs of sex affirmation surgery, which point out important numbers about the prevalence of this rare condition. Much lower than the amount of emotion attached to the … Continue reading Asking about sex affirmation surgery – a review of the numbers