Kaiser Permanente has again been named a Best Place to Work for LGBT Equality in the Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s 2014 Corporate Equality Index report. The report provides an in-depth analysis and rating of large U.S. employers and their policies and practices pertinent to lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender employees. Again this year, Kaiser Permanente earned a perfect 100 percent score for its efforts to promote a supportive work environment for its employees and physicians. – See more at: http://share.kaiserpermanente.org/article/kaiser-permanente-earns-perfect-score-on-corporate-equality-index-for-lgbt-equality-2/#sthash.hYGvUCkL.dpuf
Having 100% on the Corporate Equality Index doesn’t guarantee freedom from bias; it creates a beacon/example for other organizations and people. It’s important to remember that in the majority of States of the United States (30), you can be fired from your job simply because you are gay, lesbian, bisexual, or transgender.
This year, Kaiser Permanente is 1 of just 303 companies who earned 100%. Last year, it was one of 253. As I mentioned last year (see: What it means to earn a perfect score on the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index | Ted Eytan, MD):
There are a lot of other companies in this year’s index that earned a 100% score, and there were a lot that earned a 0% score.
Being 100% in terms of providing equal opportunity within the workplace and demonstrating support in the community for all is where I’d like to be, because Equality equals Health.
Thanks to the team in Kaiser Permanente’s National Diversity and Inclusion organization who do so much to promote health through their work.
- Just Read: A perfect score for Kaiser Permanente on the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index again for 2015
- What it means to earn a perfect score on the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index
- Corporate Equality Index : HRC : Kaiser Permanente scores 100 %
- Positive Exemplars: At the 2014 Corporate Equality Index Awards for LGBT Employment – New York City
- Kaiser Permanente Named the First Health and Hospital System to Earn a Perfect Rating on the Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index