On Dec. 2 the departmental appeals board at the Health and Human Services Department decided that the “National Coverage Determination” (basically what is covered under Medicare and Medicaid and other programs) excluding sexual reassignment surgery specifically from Medicare coverage needed to be revisited….The complaint that sparked this action noted that the language was terribly out of date and had no real bearing on modern day medicine. It seems HHS is inclined to agree.
- Asking about sex affirmation surgery – a review of the numbers
- Just Read: Medicare bids farewell to the 20th Century in covering transgender person care, and maybe pokes fun at itself, too…
- TEDMED Great Challenges: Transgender Health – The Video | Science in the Decade of the Patient
- Duke OKs student health insurance coverage for sex reassignment | The Chronicle
- Visiting the oldest Gender Identity Clinic in the World: NHS’ Charing Cross, London England