Along with colleagues from Kaiser Permanente Ohio (@ohioKP), I toured Cleveland’s Global Center of Health Innovation (wikipedia article). Information about the Center is published elsewhere so I don’t want to duplicate that. There are a few facts we received during our tour:
- Budget, $465 million, actual cost, $95 million less than budget
- 1m square feet for the whole complex, including the new convention center
- 235,000 square feet for the Global Center, with 100,000 square feet of showcase space
- Largest installation of structural glass in the United States
- LEED silver
- Built and managed by Mechandise Mart Properties, whose parent company is Vornado, their entrance into the health space
- Catering will be provided by Levy restaurants, several tenants using Cleveland’s Vocon for space design
- Formerly called “Cleveland Medical Mart and Convention Center” – name changed to position accordingly
Photos below, still under construction, opening October 7, 2013.
PS Note how spiffy Cleveland’s downtown is now – Renewed AND Renewable!
- DC Health Innovation Summit recap, next time in Cleveland?
- Innovation Learning Network 2013 Day 1-2 , Boston University and CIMIT
- Becoming Bilingual in Health and Education is important for doctors, too
- Powering Up the AT&T Foundry to Power Up Innovation | ATT Innovation Space
- Day 4 of DC Health Innovation Week, a little hectic, a lot amazing