The Center for Total Health hosted the following organizations who are (relatively) local to Washington, DC and (mostly) part of the Innovation Learning Network (@healthcareILN) in a conversation we titled #ILNdc:
- Kaiser Permanente (@kptotalhealth)
- Medstar Health (@mi2innovation)
- VA Innovation (@vainnovation)
- Military Health System (@healthdotmil)
- Henry Ford Health System (@henryfordideas)
- Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Pioneer Portfolio (@pioneerrwjf)
Of course a walking meeting was involved
We were working to see sparks and touch points for the more east coast (United States) ILN organizations that are at most a train ride away, often walkable. We found some, which you can see in the photographs below. We also found that the answer to every discussion is not to start a new organization, it’s to celebrate the organization we are already a part of. And for me, to find new friends to attend meetups with, in Washington, DC.
Thanks a ton Chris McCarthy (@McCarthyChris) for being with us as a leader and helping us discover ourselves as part of a leading region in the world in health innovation. So leading in fact, that we’re hoping to host THE Innovation Learning Network in person meeting in 2014.
In the meantime, the ILN in person meeting in 2013 starts tomorrow, in Boston. Look for the #ILN13 tweets from there.
Presentations from the day are below.
- Henry Ford West Bloomfield Hospital: Where the hospital meets hospitality
- Photo Friday: Why fight traffic, fight discrimination instead, The Rosa Parks Bus @thehenryford
- He is a magician | Innovation Institute at Henry Ford
- Being atypical, the TEDx rules, and Regina Holliday, at #TEDxAlvaPark – November 8, 2012
- Exploring the Weight of the Nation, and Washington, DC, and Detroit