Equality equals health at the Center for Total Health (and everywhere) View on Flickr
This month’s tour is a focus on supporting a diverse workforce and a healthy diverse community, inclusive of trans people, as well as their lesbian, gay, and bisexual peers.
Our nation is celebrating National LGBT Health Awareness Week on the day of the tour, which is Monday, March 25, at 9:30 am.
Kaiser Permanente is celebrating the earning of a 100 % rating on the Human Rights Campaign (@HRC) Corporate Equality Index (CEI), which is joined by its existing 100 % rating on the Healthcare Equality Index (HEI). See: What it means to earn a perfect score on the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index | Ted Eytan, MD
If 100% on these indices meant that health and health care was accessible to all LGBT people, there would not need to be an awareness week or a dialogue about LGBT health. However, they are just a start, more discussion is needed about what it means to eliminate health inequalities in this population, especially for trans people, who we will emphasize this month.
- Wanted to see the Center for Total Health?
- Been to the Center for Total Health for an event but didn’t have time to “see” it”?
- Been interested in Total Health and want to network with others?
Then this experience is for you!
I’ll be the tour guide, walking you through the history and interactive exhibits describing Total Health, while you network with colleagues similarly interested the future of health and health care.
For maximum interaction and comfort, the tour group size is limited to 20 participants.
- A perfect score on the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index again for 2014
- Just Read: Kaiser Permanente is a Health System Leading the Way: 2014 Healthcare Equality Index
- Now Reading: Healthcare Equality Index 2011 – @HRC delivers good news and the news that we have a ways to go
- Positive Exemplars: At the 2014 Corporate Equality Index Awards for LGBT Employment – New York City
- 2013 HRC Corporate Equality Index Awards for LGBT employment – New York City