TCR Public Reports – The Climate Registry – Kaiser Permanente is now the first U.S. healthcare system to complete a fully verified GHG (greenhouse gas) emissions inventory. Anyone can view the full 2010 report at The Climate Registry’s website: www.tcrreports.org Our emissions hotspots are mainly caused by building energy use (91% of our carbon footprint) and the use of anesthetic gases (5% of our carbon footprint). These calculations do not yet include most of our Scope 3 emissions (primarily caused by employee commuting, member trips, and embodied carbon in purchased products and services).
I just realized in the post I just wrote that I have not blogged this news yet. As the subject says, just click on the link above and do a search under “Kaiser Permanente”.
To heal you must first do no harm. That’s what the hashtag “#greenHC” means. That and “#PreventionisthenewHIT”
- #greenHC part 6: Are LEAN hospitals green hospitals? – Measuring CO2e in health care
- #greenHC part 5: An ounce of preventing preventive care equals megatons of CO2 saved
- Kaiser Permanente 2009 Greenhouse Gas Emissions Report
- Not using stock photography: Better images to talk about green in health care #greenHC
- #greenhealthcare part 4: Health Information Technology helps health care be green