TCR Public Reports – The Climate Registry – Kaiser Permanente is now the first U.S. healthcare system to complete a fully verified GHG (greenhouse gas) emissions inventory. Anyone can view the full 2010 report at The Climate Registry’s website: www.tcrreports.org Our emissions hotspots are mainly caused by building energy use (91% of our carbon footprint) and the use of anesthetic gases (5% of our carbon footprint). These calculations do not yet include most of our Scope 3 emissions (primarily caused by employee commuting, member trips, and embodied carbon in purchased products and services).
I just realized in the post I just wrote that I have not blogged this news yet. As the subject says, just click on the link above and do a search under “Kaiser Permanente”.
To heal you must first do no harm. That’s what the hashtag “#greenHC” means. That and “#PreventionisthenewHIT”
- #greenHC part 6: Are LEAN hospitals green hospitals? – Measuring CO2e in health care
- Pleasure to Host: Health Care and Climate Change tweetchat #GreenHealthChat 11/12/13
- Finished my 3rd MOOC, and moving to renewable Energy in Washington, DC
- Representing Kaiser Permanente’s Green Energy Program at the White House Summit on Climate Change and Health 6/23/15
- #greenHC part 5: An ounce of preventing preventive care equals megatons of CO2 saved