How does active transportation contribute to a community’s total health?
February’s Walk with a Doc is now scheduled, this time in partnership with the Washington Area Bicyclist Association (@WABADC), the national capital region’s nonprofit bicycle advocacy and education membership association.
The date is February 8, 2013 – please sign up using your favorite social network so we can plan the right amount of materials
We’ll begin our walk at the Kaiser Permanente Center for Total Health (@kptotalhealth), and go to a local bikeshare station (@bikeshare), where we’ll discuss bicycling in the nation’s capital, incorporating it into the lifestyle of a person and a healthy community, and the power of social groups to change the culture of health.
We’ll be joined by members of the WABA team including DC Bike Ambassadors. Don’t know what they are? Come and find out!
- April, 2013 Community Tour: “Transportation and Health”
- Video: Bikeshare Users’ Trips To and From Union Station: DCist
- Walk With a Doc – Washington, DC , August 10, 2012
- A walk about bicycling , with Washington, DC’s WABA, BWBDC, Capital Bikeshare, and BikeArlington
- The wonderful things that come from a health system API : #activetransportation