Then it was refreshed yesterday with the 2013 data, which now shows an earned perfect score. You can read the news release on the Kaiser Permanente site here.
In a country where it’s perfectly legal in a majority of US States (29) to fire someone from their job for no other reason than they are lesbian, gay, bisexual, or transgender, it is still important to work in an organization that’s committed to opportunity and equality for all.
There are a lot of other companies in this year’s index that earned a 100% score, and there were a lot that earned a 0% score.
The CEI helps committed companies grow and match their behavior to their commitment. More importantly, it helps committed companies teach other companies that everyone deserves equality at work and in health. And as I have written on her many many times, the two are related. Equality is a health issue.
- A perfect score on the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index again for 2014
- Corporate Equality Index : HRC : Kaiser Permanente scores 100 %
- Now Reading: Healthcare Equality Index 2011 – @HRC delivers good news and the news that we have a ways to go
- 2013 HRC Corporate Equality Index Awards for LGBT employment – New York City
- Top 50 U.S. places to work (Kaiser Permanente is one of them) + Holiday gift from DC : Equality