ScienceDirect – The Lancet : Building of the global movement for health equity: from Santiago to Rio and beyond – Thanks to @katellington for sending this my way.
Contained within is a concise statement of where health care fits into social determinants. Worth a read to see what’s new in social determinants. And from the read, social determinants is more new than I thought….
…. there are three important roles for the health-care system (webappendix p 1). First is to ensure universal access to high-quality care, with increased focus on prevention and health promotion.13 Second, people in the health sector—from the Minister of Health to primary care professionals and medical and health organisations—should be the advocates for action on social determinants of health. There are good examples of cooperative working between health and other sectors. Third, ensure that routine monitoring systems are in place for health equity and the social determinants of health, undertake evaluation of policies on these topics, and increase the knowledge base.
- Now Writing: Seven Visual Insights of Social Determinants and Behavior Change – ILN INSIGHTS 2013
- Just Filmed: Center for Total Health Tech Focus – Connecting Social Care and Medical Care
- Now Reading: “Behavior is not the whole story” – Social and Economic Determinants are where Health Disparity Begins
- Exploring Health Care’s blind side with RWJF, AAMC, and TEDMED – its vision is improving
- Now Reading: Bipartisan Policy Center’s Lots to Lose – We can reduce our obesity burden through societal collaboration