After seeing colleagues Paulanne Balch, MD ( @BPBMD2 ), a physician at Kaiser Permanente and Sue Woods, MD , at Department of Veterans Affairs ( @suewoods , also blogs at http://www.sharedhealthdata.com ) at the recent mHealth Summit, I wanted to follow up by interviewing them for a podcast on this blog.
We talked about their impressions of the summit, how a cell phone can be used as a tool for health (hint, it may not be as complicated as people think, based on real patient stories) and how and why the medical profession may change in this new era.
I respect and and drawn to Paulanne and Sue’s work in a big way, and it came to me by the end of the ‘cast as to why this is. They are physicians who are excited about the future, and optimistic about every challenge along the way. They are not bystanders.
Enjoy, feel free to let us know what you think in the comments or at respective places in the twitter/blogosphere.
- AMA Policy – Professionalism in the Use of Social Media
- World AIDS Day 2012: We’ll see the last one
- Speaking on Global Climate Change and Health – American College of Preventive Medicine 2012
- I am a Family Physician. What does it feel like, in the decade of the patient, and why you should care – Part 3 of 3
- Not using stock photography: Better images to talk about green in health care #greenHC