On the heels of our publication about the potential for social media in the health system, we now have an opportunity to see what’s possible through the vehicle of monthly technology demo days at the Sidney Garfield Center for Innovation in Health Care.
We’ve already invited the nice folks at CureTogether.com (@curetogether) to demo, looking for up to 5 more organizations to demonstrate what they’re working on and how they could be integrated into care delivery. Any suggestions? Post them in the comments, let’s make this a discussion.
Technology Demo Day – Social Media in Health Care Delivery
Sidney Garfield Center for Health Care Innovation
September 15, 2011
Technology demonstrations are held monthly at the Kaiser Permanente Sidney Garfield Center for Health Care Innovation, in San Leandro, California.
The events bring togther external vendors and thought leaders to demonstrate 5-6 technology approaches that could enable the excellence of an integrated, non-profit, care delivery system in the next 2-5 years.
September 15, 2011′s Technology Demo Day is “Social Media in Health Care Delivery.” We hope to learn how Kaiser Permanente’s members, dedicated physician groups, nurses and clinical staff, a comprehensive electronic health record and linked personal health record could incorporate social media to:
Connect patients more deeply with their personal physician and care team
- in a rational and productive way
- integrated with operations (not siloed from the delivery system)
- intelligently with our electronic health record / personal health record
Achieve greater effectiveness in the delivery of care to individuals and populations
- Providing prevention services to more people
- Managing chronic conditions more effectively
- Enhancing decision support at the individual, family, and community level
- future professional staff, in choice of their career
- future patients, in choice of their health care
- current patients and physicians/care teams, in prevention and treatment choices
The audience will primarily be Kaiser Permanente physicians, nurses, and staff with select experts in social media and health care invited to participate. Members of the media will be present and the event will be livetweeted – as is the case with social networking, this event will rely on community participation to make it all come together.
- Video – My Tednote from Social Media in Care Delivery Tech Demo Day @KPGarfield
- “The future is integrated” – Social Media in Care Delivery
- The relationship with Health Professionals in the era of social media
- What does social media mean, in an integrated care system? A conversation at @KPGarfield
- Coming to Social Media in Care Delivery Tech Demo Day: Linking social networks and personal health records