It is no secret that I am a fan of the walk, to anywhere, from anywhere, for any reason, ( see http://teyt.in/walkingmeetings ), so it was especially cool that I was in California to watch Kaiser Permanente launch Every Body Walk! (http://www.everybodywalk.org , @everybodywalk last week. It is “a public awareness project aimed at starting a national conversation about the health benefits of walking..”
The photograph above and the ones below are of the set-up for the event and give a sense of the interest and effort in promoting walking. I can say that this organizational support takes me to the next level – feel free to use the materials on the site to do the same for you – turn a meeting into a walking meeting, post your results below, tweet them to @everybodywalk .
Bob Sallis, MD, family physician, sports medicine expert, and driver of one of the coolest innovations in health information technology (adding physical activity as a vital sign to the electronic health record and workflow), is featured in the video below. With thanks to Holly Potter ( @htpotter ) for always fueling our enthusiasm….The movement is gaining feet….
- Best.Walking.Meetings.Ever (to date)
- Photo Friday: #activetransportation and the new frictionless Every Body Walk! App
- Photo Friday: Not a Workstation, a Walkstation
- Celebrate Telework Week: Go for a Walk (while working)!
- Health Business Blog Podcast, Dr. Ted Eytan of Kaiser on health IT, walking meetings, innovation