Proactive Office Encounter: A Systematic Approach to Preventive and Chronic Care at Every Patient Encounter – The POE engaged the entire health team in a proactive patient-care experience, creating standard work flows and using information technology to identify gaps in patient care. The goals were to improve consistency of preventive care and improve quality of care for chronic conditions and to improve reliability of staff support for physicians. The POE has been implemented in all outpatient settings in KP’s Southern California Region’s 13 medical centers and 148 medical office buildings. The program has contributed to significant improvements in key clinical quality metrics, including cancer screenings, blood pressure control, and tobacco cessation. It is now being extended into the inpatient setting and is being shared with other KP Regions.
- “Can’t achieve high performance and efficiency with a ruler, excel, stickies, and highlighters” – Day 2 at Kaiser Permanente Southern California #kppopcare
- Gemba Walk: Kaiser Permanente Colorado
- From “Room Ready, Patient Ready, Computer Ready” to “Every Patient, Every Place, Every Visit, Every Time” – Day 3, Kaiser Permanente Southern California #kppopcare
- From prototype to reality : the newest medical offices at Kaiser Permanente Georgia
- Presentation: The Kaiser Permanente Innovation Journey – DC Health Innovation Summit