Kaiser Permanente // brand tags – Catching up on Jay Parksinson’s blog reminded me about this great little site. Although Jay uses the lookup of Mayo to illustrate a point about the health care industry focused on sickness, the lookup of Kaiser Permanente doesn’t follow on that theme….
…and the methodology anyway is more “fun” than accurate. However, the result for Kaiser Permanente does reflect the theme of a talk that Holly Potter and I are giving at HIMSS 2010 this year.
We’re calling it Driving Total Health with Health IT and Health 2.0, and we’re finishing it up now.
The title out of context is probably a little confusing. We were asked to talk about the impact of social media in what we do (surprise).
We are trying to make the point that getting engaged with patients/members where they live work and play using an electronic health record / personal health record, is naturally going to lead into engaging with them outside of the health care transaction. And this (HIT and Health 2.0) is a means, not the end, to helping people achieve their life goals through optimal health.
Holly and I gave a similar talk at Mayo Clinic Scottsdale, and we are retooling it a bit for this (HIMSS) audience, with some new patient stories and experience that we’ve had since then.
If you are going to HIMSS (or if you aren’t) and you have ideas for us about what would be useful to hear about, please feel free to post in the comments. This is my first HIMSS ever….
- Photo Friday: Picturing Health 2.0 – Dave and Kate
- Presentation: Telling our Story: Using Web2.0 Tools to Maximize Health
- Now Reading: Delivery System Reform: Action Steps and Pay-Per-Value Approaches
- Presentation: Driving Total Health with Health IT and Health 2.0 (HIMSS 2010 – Atlanta)
- Holly Potter in “Kaiser Permanente Supports International Walk to School Day” – YouTube