The Farmer’s Friend service accepts text-message queries such as “rice aphids”, “tomato blight” or “how to plant bananas” and dispenses relevant advice from a database compiled by local partners. More complicated questions (“my chicken’s eyes are bulging”) are relayed to human experts, who either call back within 15 minutes or, with particularly difficult problems, promise to provide an answer within four days. These answers are then used to improve the database.
- We all have unanswered Health 2.0/HIPAA questions. Go to @CDT_HPP ‘s blog with yours and they’ll request public clarification.
- A special report on telecoms in emerging markets: : Eureka moments | The Economist
- “You shouldn’t have to know how many bars of signal there are, you turn on the phone and there’s a dial tone.”
- Kaiser Family Foundation analysis of Health Reform Legislation
- Now Reading: Does mobile technology support behavior change? Does it support weight loss?